Texas Eastern Transmission has filed an amendment to its May 22, 2015, US Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) application for the proposed South Texas Expansion Project. Included in the amendment, Texas Eastern has applied to FERC to:
- Construct, install, own, operate, and maintain minor facility additions and associated enclosures at its Vidor, Mont Belvieu, Blessing, and Petronila compressor stations in Orange, Chambers, Matagorda and Nueces counties in Texas, USA;
- Acquire, by lease, capacity on Pomelo Connector LLC’s proposed 14-mile (22-km) pipeline which is designed to interconnect with Texas Eastern’s proposed Petronila Compressor Station in Nueces County, Texas;
- Change the project’s targeted in-service date from May 1, 2017 to October 1, 2018;
- Change the project’s capacity from 400,000 dekatherms/day to 396,000 dekatherms/day;
- Remove from the project’s scope the meter and regulating station at the Petronila Compressor Station site.
Texas Eastern’s project includes the following facility work:
Nueces County, Texas
Installation of one new Solar Taurus 70 gas turbine compressor rated 8400 hp (6266 kW); construction of a gas measurement enclosure at the existing Petronila Compressor Station site location.
Matagorda County, Texas
Installation of one new 8400 hp Solar Taurus 70 gas turbine unit; a new control building; new gas coolers; and station piping modifications to facilitate reverse compression at the existing Blessing Compressor Station. These modifications will result in a change from 6600 hp to 15,000 hp (4923 kW to 11,190 kW), a net increase of 8400 hp.
Chambers County, Texas
Clean Burn emissions work and piping modifications to the existing launcher/receiver on Line 16 at mile post (MP) 357.15 at the existing Mont Belvieu Compressor Station, and construction of a gas measurement enclosure. Additional piping modifications will occur to allow Texas Eastern the ability to facilitate reverse gas compression at this location. Clean Burn emissions work will be conducted on four of five existing reciprocating engine stacks.
Orange County, Texas
Piping modifications to the existing launcher/receiver on Line 16 at MP 412.73 within Texas Eastern’s existing Vidor Compressor Station property and construction of a gas measurement enclosure.