The Hydratight Academy has become the first approved training provider licensed by the Engineering Construction Industry Training Board (ECITB) to offer a blended learning program in mechanical joint integrity (MJI). The announcement follows the recent launch of the Hydratight Academy’s approved eLearning modules and practical training course options.
The Hydratight Academy eLearning platform is comprised of modules, including ECITB-approved courses, that provides trainees with online theoretical instruction coupled with practical hands-on training options.
“Offering three learning options—instructor-led, online, and blended—we have ensured that our customers have access to a flexible theoretical learning and practical training experience,” said Jason Barnard, global training and competency manager at Hydratight. “Both the online and blended learning courses are derived from our instructor-led courses, ensuring delegates receive the specific technical training that they require, prior to practical training or technical testing. These learning options provide candidates with knowledge of safe working practices, technical theory, quality assurance and practical skills that they can apply to their job roles.”
According to Hydratight, new trainees can choose a blended learning approach by attending MJI practical training within four weeks of MJI eLearning course completion and receive full ECITB MJI training certification.
ECITB-approved MJI eLearning courses can also be completed by experienced workers who are looking to refresh or upskill their knowledge, entirely online at a time that suits them, four weeks prior to attendance of technical testing.
The following ECITB-approved MJI eLearning courses are now available online via the Hydratight Academy eLearning Platform:
- MJI10E – Hand Torque Bolted Connection Techniques (E-Learning)
- MJI18E – Hydraulically Tension Bolted Connection Techniques (E-Learning)
- MJI10/19E – Hydraulically Torque Bolted Connection Techniques (E-Learning)
- MJI10/18/19E – Hydraulically Torque and Tension Bolted Connection Techniques (E-Learning)
The following ECITB-approved MJI blended learning courses are now available from Hydratight Academy locations:
- MJI10B – Hand Torque Bolted Connection Techniques (Blended Learning)
- MJI18B – Hydraulically Tension Bolted Connection Techniques (Blended Learning)
- MJI10/19B – Hydraulically Torque Bolted Connection Techniques (Blended Learning)
- MJI10/18/19B – Hydraulically Torque and Tension Bolted Connection Techniques (Blended Learning)
With operations and representatives in 21 countries, Hydratight provides integrity assurance services from controlled bolting and machining to hot tapping, hot bolting, leak sealing, and more.